[Monday Me-Time]: Resurfacing!

Y I K E S y'all, it has been a very long time since I posted. A lot has changed since my last post and I'll try to catch you up before I get back into the swing of things around here. Then we'll get back to posts on books, publishing, and more!





First and foremost, if you were not already aware, I left my job at Kensington. It had been an incredible four years, but for various reasons, it was time to move on. But I love love love what I do so I couldn't leave the industry! I still do author publicity and promotions, through Barclay Publicity.

It's been really interesting and fun working from the PR agency side of things. The work's somehow the same and different at the same time. A lot of the things I handed off to other people I now handle directly, but I'm happy to say I still get to work with some people I adore, authors and Kensington staff alike. It's been an interesting journey so far.

The best part would have to be the fact that I no longer have a horrendous commute. My commute was getting worse and worse by the day and was clearly adding to my stress and poor health.
I felt like this every day - on a good day. 

I spent 12+ hours outside of my home, just trying to get to, be at, and get home from work. What should have been a 45 min-1 hr trip ran upwards of 1.5, in each direction, because of the poor service. And it was only getting worse. I had to do something. It was messing with me. I've learned that I need to do what's best for my mental health, and getting away from the MTA was necessary.

The next step is redesigning my bedroom. Right now I have no desk because my room is tiny, but has high ceilings, so I'm planning to get myself a nice full size loft bed with a desk underneath and a nice lounging chair. This is basically what I'm looking for: 
If you know me at all you know that futon will be purple if I can help it.

I have some saving up to do, but I'm pretty excited about it. A lot has gone on over the last few months, including the vacation I'd needed for over a year, but this post is long enough already. Hopefully I'll get myself back on track here too.

What goals are you working toward right now? Have you just started or is the finish line in sight?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Book Review]: PLAYING THE LINES by J. Colby (Less Than Three Press)

[Book Review]: WITHIN A CAPTAIN'S HOLD by Lisa A. Olech (Lyrical Press)