[Monday Me-Time]: New Year, New...Something.

It's been a while, and I've been meaning to post here, but for one reason or another it just hasn't been happening. So I'm going to try to do better this year. I figure why not kick of the new year with something personal.

I went back to work last week after my holiday break. Unfortunately I caught a cold and had to take a sick day today. I got a LOT accomplished over the break. Mostly cleaning. I've taken pictures because it was a hell of a process. The way my room looked before was just...it was the physical embodiment of depression. Simple as that. It's not perfectly clean now, but I can get to my drawers and wardrobe, I've given away two bags of clothes for Goodwill, with I'd say at least two more to come. 

I've made a lot of plans about how to redo my room, including buying a full-sized loft bed with a desk underneath. That's a little ways off, but knowing it's in the works is doing a lot to brighten my outlook. I got a new stand with drawer/shelf space that I'm gonna put my TV on, and I'm thinking of redecorating using peel-and-stick removable wallpaper rather than painting. I'll probably get a lounge chair of some sort once I know how much space I'll have under the bed. And maybe a small bookshelf, since my books are currently in the bookshelf-headboard of my current bed and I won't have that anymore.

But basically yeah I'm getting myself together. I can't wait until I have an actual desk to write at. My room is super small, but the ceilings are crazy high (really old house) so the only place to go is up.

The only thing I didn't get to do this break that I really wanted to was to start my bullet journal. 



I spent most of last year know know how the hell people made them work; it just seemed confusing, distracting, and unnecessary to me. I figured it wasn't for me. And then a friend linked me to a thread of awesome useful stuff, and one of the links was to this Youtube video about bullet journaling for ADHD brains. 



Now I am not diagnosed with ADHD, but I do have some symptoms in common with it and a lot of things designed to work for ADHD brains work for mine. This video clicked in my brain like a giant gear shifting. I finally got it! Finally someone made bullet journaling look uncomplicated, and not like a cluttered, colorful waste of time.

So I went on a hunt for the right journal, and found it courtesy of another friend. I just didn't get a chance to set it up. Until today. I was home sick so I took some time to set up the journal, and I'm excited to keep it going

Anyway, this is long enough now so I'm signing off. Here's hoping I do better with all forms of writing/journaling this year.

Happy New Year everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Book Review]: PLAYING THE LINES by J. Colby (Less Than Three Press)

[Monday Me-Time]: Resurfacing!

[Book Review]: WITHIN A CAPTAIN'S HOLD by Lisa A. Olech (Lyrical Press)