[Book Review]: THE COBBLER'S SOLELESS SON by Meredith Katz (Less Than Three Press)

It's been a bit since my last book review. I'd been in a reading slump and decided to read a quick queer novella to jump-start me. I made the right choice. 


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30173092-the-cobbler-s-soleless-son

Blurb: 
Everyone expects Renart Walker to follow in his mother's footsteps and become the cobbler for their little demon-ruled town. That'd be the proper thing to do: keep his head down, live his quiet human life, and try not to get too involved with demons. But Renart has never been terribly concerned with proper, and he isn't interested in a quiet life. His interests are a little more ambitious: he's aiming to catch himself a demon prince.

As a human, he'd never be allowed to even get close to Prince Hrahez. The only solution is to make a bargain with a demon, and everyone knows what they want. Still, nothing ventured, nothing gained, and he's got a plan—but it involves tricking a demon. If it doesn't work, nobody in town would want to be in his shoes.

Here's my review:

I was fairly amused as I was reading this because it said "some explicit content." However upon realizing that most of the focus on demons was on 'cubants' -- aka incubi and succubi, know sex demons -- I learned quickly that this was going to actually be fairly heavy on the sex. It was not an issue,. In fact I found that there was far more plot involved in this than typical erotica, so I couldn't give it that label. but it's very sexy, and has more detailed sex scenes than most full length books I've read. I did skim some of that because the plot really drew me in. 

The main character could have used a bit more development for me, but that's very hard to do in only 15,000 words. But I enjoyed him, his clever mind, and the way he came up with a sneaky way to make a deal with a demon.

I also really appreciated the twist ending. I'd like to read more by Meredith Katz. I was very pleased with this one.


Four big glasses of wine!



Pick up a copy from Less Than Three Press or one of the buying options at GoodReads!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Book Review]: PLAYING THE LINES by J. Colby (Less Than Three Press)

[Monday Me-Time]: Resurfacing!

[Book Review]: WITHIN A CAPTAIN'S HOLD by Lisa A. Olech (Lyrical Press)