[Book Review]: THE RAVEN KING by Maggie Stiefvater (Scholastic Press)

Oh wow have I been slacking here or what? I did however come up with a plan to get myself more organized around here, and keep my updates coming more regularly. Hopefully it it will work out. They won't just be book reviews; I'll be diversifying a bit with some more personal things, as well as monthly posts on the publishing industry.

I'm getting back in the writing grove with a book review for the last book in the Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater. I read these as they came out so it was a long ling coming waiting for book four. Let's get right into it.


Blurb:

Nothing living is safe. Nothing dead is to be trusted.

For years, Gansey has been on a quest to find a lost king. One by one, he’s drawn others into this quest: Ronan, who steals from dreams; Adam, whose life is no longer his own; Noah, whose life is no longer a lie; and Blue, who loves Gansey… and is certain she is destined to kill him.

Now the endgame has begun. Dreams and nightmares are converging. Love and loss are inseparable. And the quest refuses to be pinned to a path. 



Here's my review:


Like I said I'd been waiting a while for this book. I fell in love with Maggie Stiefvater's writing years ago, and when I picked up the first Raven Cycle book, it drew me in and fast.I love the main characters, but unsurprisingly my heart was claimed by the surly, angry-yet-sensitive Ronan Lynch. All of the main characters: Blue, Gansey, Adam, Ronan, and Noah, have something unique about them, something  magical or influenced by the supernatural. Ronan's ability is my favorite,

This last book in the series perfectly wrapped up the story. There were some things I expected to happen, some things that surprised me, some that were painful to read, but necessary. But the development of one particular romantic relationship was everything I hoped it would be. 

Great plot, amazing characters, lyrical prose - Stiefvater has done it again. I can't wait to go back and reread this series!

Five big ol' glasses of wine!
 


Grab a copy from one of the buying options at Goodreads (and make sure you read the others first!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Monday Me-Time]: Resurfacing!

[Book Review]: WITHIN A CAPTAIN'S HOLD by Lisa A. Olech (Lyrical Press)

[Book Review]: PLAYING THE LINES by J. Colby (Less Than Three Press)